POSITION DESCRIPTION – Administration Manager
The Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce is a progressive, exciting business organization serving more than 1,000 business members through relevant programs, events, educational opportunities and business building activities. The Chamber is a business's least expensive, most effective marketing tool – providing superior levels of customer service.
We are currently searching for an Administrative Manager. Successful candidates will display excellent customer service skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
Responsibilities & Requirements
· Administrative support for the CEO
· Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings; Set up and communication, agenda and minutes, keeping Board books updated at all times
· Greeting visitors and directing them to appropriate parties
· Managing basic office duties, such as answering and routing phones, responding to emails, data entry and reporting
· Answering questions and finding information for colleagues, vendors, clients and others
· Supporting colleagues by facilitating interdepartmental communications and interactions between internal and external parties
· Ensuring that the office is well maintained, organized and secure
· Assist in developing and implementing new policies and processes for a more efficient office environment
· Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all aspects of this position necessary to ensure that team functions are performed effectively
· Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates professionalism in all communications, both internally and externally
Culture of Collaboration
· Communicates in a strong, positive, and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally.
· Consistently demonstrates honesty, integrity, and respect for others, role-modeling this behavior for others
· Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Chamber employees and members, offering assistance and support, keeping commitments and following through
· Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability
· Takes a hands-on approach to projects, processes, and management
· Completes assigned work within acceptable quality standards and established timeframes, utilizing a strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
· Adheres to established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and regulations
· Receives and provides constructive feedback and integrates to improve personal and organizational performance
· Utilizes time effectively, ensuring that all work hours are used for work-related activities
· Safeguards organizational resources
· This position works with stakeholders, including national, regional and local business executives (member and non-member), community partners and elected public officials
· Must be computer savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint. Experience in ChamberMaster is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Professional, but relaxed presentation
· Business hours – 8-5 M-Th, 8-3 F (occasional 7:30 meetings and after hours events)
· Salary commensurate with experience.